CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Thunder, lightening, and hail, OH MY!

Yesterday started off lovely. I could tell by looking outside that we would have some rain but I never expected it would turn out the way it did last night. I was planning on going to church with my mom but she woke up late(she's still recovering from surgery), so me and Savannah decided to stay at home. We had to get ready and head over to her Aunt Christie's house anyways for her "birthday party". It was pretty sunny out and a little chilly, nothing that a thin coat couldn't fix but within hours the sky turned dark and the rain started to fall. We decided to head on home after only being over at my boyfriends parents house for a couple of hours when we usually stay all day and I have to admit it was a good idea.

I don't remember exactly what time the storms started but I know they didn't end until somewhere in the night. I think they are even calling for some today as well. We had a whole line of storms headed our way, they were stretched out all the way down through North Carolina and some of the states below us. It started out as just rain, some mild thunder, a few lightening strikes here and there and then BAM, tornados started popping up EVERYWHERE. It seemed like all the storms were never ending, they just kept coming, and coming, and coming, and COMING. The line of storms was SO long and I was so scared to go to sleep! (I am terrified of storms mmkay.) The thunder was so loud and the lightening was so bright and the wind was horrible! Every single storm "segment" seemed to have it's on huge tornado. My county luckily didn't have any tornados touch down but there were rotating clouds spotted and we were under a Tornado Warning for about 2 or 3 hours. We had a watch out until 5am. Some counties however were horribly affected. The Tornados destroyed homes, mobile home parks, everything. I don't believe anyone was killed though, praise God, but I do know there were some people injured and this morning there are still thousands of people without power and even some people without homes.

Here are some pictures from the news site. I didn't take any myself because I was way to afraid to even go close to a door. Much less go outside!! Some people uploaded videos to the news website! They have a brave soul!!

This was a mobile home that was affected by a tornado.

Here is a picture of a rotating cloud that was sent in.
Damage to another house and I believe a business.
rotating cloud in another county
Hail from a persons yard!
Tornado in another county.
damage to a garage and yard

Photos courtesy of WFMY News 2 at http://www.digtriad.com/

On a better note, Savannah finally slept all night last night!! Oh and right now as I blog she is picking up her blocks and putting them back in her bucket! Is this a sign that my child is learning to clean up her own mess?! One can only hope, right?! lol

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday!! I may update again later this evening!

toodles(:

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Wow that's scary! I'm glad you guys are ok and the weather has gotten bettery by now.

Laura Jane said...

So glad you're okay!

In Oklahoma we have severe weather like that all spring. I always forget how scary it can be when you're not used to it. The damage looked pretty bad! Huge hail stones!